Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Write your essay beginning with ''As i was walking back from tuition i saw a pathetic sight.....''

As i was walking back from tuition,I saw a pathetic sight of my best friends, Aziz and Ali whom were absent from the tuition for the thousandth times, at the bank of a swamp nearby my house. They were covered with mud and looked like they had just escaped from a big inundation. Seeing their condition, I was curious to know what had happened and what they were doing at that dangerous place in a rainy day. So, I called them and asked what they were doing. They said they were searching for worms to use as baits because they wanted to go fishing at a river nearby our neighbourhood. For the first time, I thought the idea was ridiculous but I had been studying all day and I really needed something fun to clear my mind. So, I asked them if I could come along and they said yes.
After that, I went home to change my clothes and got ready to go fishing. I felt some kind of uneasy feeling when I stepped out of my house like something bad would happen and I should not go to the river. But, ignoring all those feelings, I started my motorcycle and went to Aziz’s house as we had agreed to met there. Before we went to the river, we headed for Ashraf’s house and asked him if he wanted to join us. Ashraf was my bestfriend and of course I didn’t want him to miss all the excitement. Besides, Ashraf was good at fishing and he never went home with empty hands. Ashraf thought that fishing at the time was dangerous and we should not take any risk. But I kept telling him that it was safe and he shouldn’t have an iota of worry.
Reluctantly, Ashraf followed us to the river. It was drizzling when we arrived. We searched for suitable spots for fishing. We fished at different places. My spot and Ashraf’s spot were not far from each other and I could see him clearly. At first, he seemed like he had caught a fish. Suddenly, he slipped and fell into the river. I was so shocked and quickly I threw my precious fishing rod and ran towards him. When I reached his spot, Ashraf was drawning. Since he was a little boy, he never knew how to swim and with the water flew very fast, all he could do was shouting for help.
In the situation, I took off my shoes and ready to jump, saved him and be the hero of the day. But suddenly, my legs were so stiff and I thought what would happen if I drawned too. I didn’t want to die. I heard Ashraf’s voice shouted for my name and at that time, I really wanted to save him, but the voice inside my head said no, no, no. My brain went blank and I screamed for help like a crazy person. Ali and Aziz heard my voice and rushed toward me. I didn’t know what i was saying at that time but i was sure they noted the fact, the fact that Ashraf was gasping for oxygen. Then, Ali took out his cellphone and called the fire department. After waiting for ten minutes, the firemen came to the rescue and started their search.
After that, Ashraf’s parents came to the scene. Aziz told them everything. Ashraf’s mother asked me why i didn’t save Ashraf as she knew I was a great swimmer and when I said that I was scared, her face changed and she started smacking and punching me. I didn’t feel any pain and I didn’t fight back but I just stood there like a statue. I wanted to say sorry but nothing came out from my mouth. Ashraf’s father stopped her action and advised her to calm down. Unable to understand myself, I collapsed to the ground. Tears running down my cheek and I started to scream. I didn’t care if everyone looked at me and I didn’t know what else to do. Why was I so coward to save him? Why didn’t I jump into the river and save him? Ashraf was my bestfriend and I had lost him.
After years passed, I still regret with my action and if I could go back to the past, I would definitely save him.


PREPARED BY : NURUL DIYANA BT MOHD ZULKIFLI, 5ST1 2010 SMK TUMPAT.
EDITED BY : AINUL MARDHIAH ABD WAHAB SMK TUMPAT

2 comments:

  1. The subject matter of the story is a group of students went on fishing trip and one of the boys drowned in the river and the story goes on according to the preference of questions of narrative topics...so guys if you are creative enough i think you can make up the story based on the essence....nurul diyana zulkifli is a creative writer that is why i call her STORY PLOT DESIGNER.....within two years( form 4 and form 5) she had been using the same essay and finally she go A+ for eng in spm......it's a superb work Diyana......keep in touch and do contribute or your words.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The subject matter of the story is a group of students went on fishing trip and one of the boys drowned in the river and the story goes on according to the preference of questions of narrative topics...so guys if you are creative enough i think you can make up the story based on the essence....nurul diyana zulkifli is a creative writer that is why i call her STORY PLOT DESIGNER.....within two years( form 4 and form 5) she had been using the same essay and finally she got A+ for eng in spm......it's a superb work Diyana......keep in touch and do contribute of your words.....

    ReplyDelete